Friday, January 7, 2011

The Prince Departs


I jokingly refer to our son Jared as the Prince of Zamunda, the heir to the Jackson throne and all that I survey - after one Eddie Murphy’s characters in the still hilarious classic, Coming to America! His schedule at school (Indiana University) is pretty demanding so when he comes home he gets a chance to unwind, refresh, get all of his favorite foods, and be treated like a prince. I mean there are no violins playing to wake him up in the morning or rose pedals dropped at his feet everywhere he goes, but you know what I mean.

We had a fantastic time over the holidays. Amusement parks, movies, lots of good food, lots of laughs, you know the drill. Was so great having the whole family together for Christmas and to bring in 2011. I don't take that for granted because I know that may not always be the case. Well he went back to school today and no matter how many times we do this, it does not get any easier. A part of my heart hurts because I know that I won’t see him again until Spring break, but another part of my heart smiles because I know he is doing whatever it takes to chase down his dreams. In short order, the latter outweighs the former but right now it just kind of stinks.

So proud of him for all that he has done, is doing, and will do. Is it Spring break yet??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment