Thursday, January 13, 2011

Talking To Myself




I came to the realization that the most important voice I need to listen to is my own. People will say what they will. Sometimes what people say is very encouraging and uplifting. Sometimes what people say is hurtful or even demoralizing. But if I want to stay positive, stay upbeat, stay focused then I have the power to do that by being disciplined in what I say to myself.


I have to remind myself that I was made for a purpose and that I was given the tools to fulfill that purpose. I have to remind myself that I can win! I have to remind myself that I am unique and that I am the only me that will ever be. I have to remind myself that I can trump every negative experience with 3 or 4 positive ones. I have to tell myself that my attitude won’t be influenced by what goes on around me but will be shaped and uplifted by what goes on inside of me. I have to remind myself that my attitude is a choice and I have the freedom to make that choice everyday. I tell myself that each day is a most precious gift and that I can choose to do whatever it takes to make it awesome.

2 comments: